Friday, August 3, 2007

The Bridge is Falling Down

You know, when a terrorist attack occurs people ask "How could this happen?" And I used to think that was the dumbest question. Hate, anger, stupidity - That's how it happens. When I seen the bridge on TV I kept thinking to myself "How could this have happened?" It has made me so conflicted, and sad.

I am so thankful my friends and family are alright... A close friend of mine, her sister is still missing. They don't honestly know if she was on the bridge but it is very possible and no one can reach her. I am praying for everyone, and hoping that our city will take care of things like this so they dont happen again.

This is the exact comment I sent Amy, but it is exactly how I feel. I don't know what to think - What else could happen? What other disasters are just waiting to happen? Its dumb to think like that, so cynical and negative - And that isn't me. But right now it's all I can think about! People are mad at the city, people are mad at circumstance, and everyone is defending themselves. Why? The bridge fell the fuck down and suddenly there can be a defense for that?! "Oh, well it passed safety standards.." YEAH? AND? How dare these people make excuses, I know that everyone wants answers and if I had family or friends that were victims I would want answers too. But being an 'outsider' in some ways, I want them to honestly say "At this point it could have been anything." Instead the idiots are on TV and all they can do is make excuses and hope that someone will buy what they are selling. Ugh.

I sound jaded. I sound like an asshole? I just wish that our government would take responsibility for once. Get the God-Damn president down here. (Yes, I can say that because God was all like "you can say my name during your blog" and I was all like "Coo..") Back in the time of the Great Samurai, A general would lead his men into battle and fight alongside them. Even in the time of the indians, the chief would not sit in his tent until the war was over - He would take his bow and lead the fight from a high point, the point being he still DID SOMETHING. Well, what happens now? We have a President who just tells people to kill things, tells them they live in a 'free' country where anything is up for debate except for the fact that women shouldnt be able to make their own decisions and the gays have no right to marry one another, and he plays with shiny objects and CANT READ. I'm sure a kitten would do a better job of running this country and they would be cuter too.

No need to involve the Pres, though. I'm sure I sound so harsh, or dumb, or whatever. Just tired of this shit happening - Terrorist or not, things are getting freaky and no one has an answer as to why.

1 comment:

amy said...

sam, i love the way you write and i'm just as sad, angry and confused about the whole the bridge thing as you. i am really praying that your friend's sister is found unharmed and i fully support your idea to replace president bush with a kitten. mine are very smart and mona has quick whit. she might be the better choice.